The following interview was conducted by Phil Defer, a French student who has been interviewing US presidential candidates for his forum.
1. Could you introduce yourself in a few sentences ? ‘
I am a leader for medical rights here in the USA and I have written two books on drug policy reform.
2. How was your political engagement born ?
I helped write and pass California’s historic medical marijuana law and then was arrested for passing a law the police did not like.
3. What personal way drove you to compete for the presidency of the United States ?
The sorry legacy of George W. Bush.
4. Can you tell me some key points about your program, the main ideas ?
I am a one issue candidate who believes this is no more about Marijuana than the Boston Tea Party was about Tea. Our struggle today is for true liberty from tyrannical governments.
5. How do you view the upcoming campaign, can you give us some elements about what it represents in term of hardships, opportunities… in the US system, and what about your strategy ?
This election is a complete mess with anything as a possible outcome.
6. Political fiction : It’s January, the 20th, 2009. You have just been elected president ! What are your first steps, your priorities ?
My first step, within minutes of being sworn in as President, would be to issue Executive Order 13420 which would immediately defund the DEA and all laws against marijuana.
7. What are America’s biggest internal problems today, and what are your answers ?
America is saddled with an illegal, unconstitutional, power-hungry oligarchy of thugs.
8. Same question for America’s external problems.
9. More specifically, what do you think should be done on Iraq and national security ?
10. What about environment ?
Allow private citizens to sue giant corporations when their pollution enters your land or body.
11. What about your political (institutions), social, economic and societal (civil rights, abortion, homosexuality…) positions ?
I support free choice and a policy of non-intervention by the government. (more…)
Read Full Post »