- William Grigg predicts that Obama will be worse than Bush.
- Steve Funk writes
- Less foreign military interventionism? NOPE
- Ending the insane war on drugs? NOPE
- Defunding G.W. Bush’s “faith-based initiatives”? NOPE
- Halting illegal government wiretaps and repealing FISA? NOPE
- No more taxpayer bailouts of Wall Street and big business? NOPE
- Cutting reckless government spending and reducing the $10+ trillion federal debt? NOPE
- Reforming our doomed Social Security program? NOPE
- Reducing the influence of PACs and lobbyists? NOPE
- Lifting the Cuban trade and travel embargo? NOPE
- Becky points out that Obama was partially responsible for the passage of gay-bashing Prop. 8 in California. He did nothing to stop pro-Prop 8 forces from calling millions of people with a recording of him saying “I believe marriage is a union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God is in the mix.” He did not campaign against the measure.
Ironically, it was the huge black turnout, triggered by their enthusiasm to put [Obama] in the the White House, that ensured passage of Proposition 8. Exit polls show it was opposed by whites, Latinos were evenly split, and favored overwhelmingly by African-Americans.
(Much) more to come…..